Sunday, October 17, 2010

My #2 Sewing Project

YAAAY for finishing my first piece of clothing!!! (had to get that outta my system) I made a simple skirt in my clothing class for my second project. I thought it turned out fairly good myself. I did NOT break any needles this time so that was definitely a step up from last time. I made it out of wool. Yes wool. Just because something is made out of wool does not mean that it's going to look like a fluffy sheep. When I told my sister what it was made out of, she just kinda gave me "that look" and i knew exactly what she was thinking, so I had to clear things up. Anyways, this simple A-line skirt took me about 6 hours to make. I got to use the serger to hem the edges which was niiiice because it didn't take near as long as hemming them with a machine. I blind stitched the waist by hand so that took some time to do. I also put a zipper and a closure on the back. WOOP WOOP! I am really steppin up in this sewing business, lemme tell ya haha.

On Tuesday we start makin our blouses. I am looking forward to that because I bought some pretty awesome fabric and some way cute buttons :)

No comments:

Post a Comment