Monday, January 31, 2011

Concept Board

To begin this semester off in Advanced Apparel we had to create a concept board. A concept board is a collection of ideas from different sources that inspire you. I learned that an acceptable concept board has 3 dimensional ideas placed on it such as fabrics, beads, flowers,, or anything else that you have been inspired by. For my line of clothing this semester, I have decided to design a line of dressy athletic wear...kinda odd i know, but it works. I was inspired by my own life. I work out, or am on the go all the time and wanted to design clothes that could suit someones busy lifestyle. I wanted the garments not only to be comfy, but also chic at the same time. The color pallet I chose is royal purple, coral, dark grey, and black. The garments are going to be lined to give the fabric more body. However, they will still have enough drape to give a more relaxed look. I am definitely hoping they turn out the way I want them to! Keep your fingers crossed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment