Friday, December 25, 2009

Choir Tour

So I recently got back from tour with my choir. We went to Arizona, New Mexico, and other parts in Texas. We were gone for 8 days and had 10 concerts I think. The majority of our time was spent riding on the bus. I think our longest trip on the bus in one day was about 9 hours! I left on tour the day after my car wreck, so it was pretty uncomfortable to be sitting on the bus for such long hours at a time haha. One of the best things about tour was the food! We had delicious homemade food for dinner everynight. One of the churches we ate at had a desert table, no kidding, like a mile long! It was about as long as the food table. It looked like the gates opened up from heaven and left us with so much food we didn't know what to do with haha. I felt like i had gained 500 pounds! We didn't have much, but in our free time we went to a couple of malls. The mall in Pheonix was outside! It was so pretty. Couches, umbrellas, fire thingys, and waterfalls were all around the mall area. I think I spent about 3 hours on one of the couches just enjoying the weather! I did do quite a bit of shopping too. However I couldn't buy much cuz of the limited amount of space we had on the bus....okay funny story...we were waiting at the bus stop for our bus to pick us back up and a few of us started singing one of our concert songs, out in the middle of the parking lot. There were also other random people waiting for a bus too. And this song we sang was not in English! So these people looked at us, like what on earth are they doing!?! haha it was hilarious....We have a pretty talented choir, not gonna lie. That trip was prolly the longest thing I've ever been on, and prolly one of the most tiring, but I'm glad I had the opportunity to go. I'm guessing we sang to over 1,000 people the whole time we were gone. Most all of our songs have a pretty powerful message if you pay attention to the words. One of our songs is called "We Are Not Alone". The title of the song pretty much makes up the entire song. Those words are repeated over and over again. "We are not alone, God is with us". God has promised to be with us forever and ever. He will never leave us, we are not alone... There are many ways to bring people to Christ using different talents. Our talent is singing; and with that talent, we spread a powerful message to hundreds of people. Maybe you can't travel to different states, or maybe you don't sing, but everybody has the opportunity to shine using a talent they have in order to spread the "Good News" (which was another one of our songs haha). So I leave you with this....What is your talent, and how can you use it to spread God's word?

No comments:

Post a Comment